How to Fix Epic Game Launcher Error LS-0013 on Windows
Many gamers buy, install and play Windows 11/10 games with Epic Games Launcher, one of the best alternatives to Steam. However, if you encounter Epic Launcher error LS-0013, you will find that it will prevent you from playing games on the platform. Instead, you’ll see a “Launch Failed” message with error code LS-0013.
Error LS-0013 can occur for all game players trying to start with Epic Games Launcher, be it Fortnite, Genshin Impact, Rocket League, etc. As such, here is how you can fix LS-0013 error on Windows 10 or 11.
1. Run the Epic Games Launcher as Administrator
First, make sure your Epic Games Launcher software has full admin access on your PC. If this game client does not have administrative rights, it cannot access restricted parts of Windows.
You can configure Epic Games Launcher to always run with special admin permissions like this:
- If you have a shortcut for Epic Games Launcher on your desktop, right click on it and select Properties. Otherwise, you will need to right-click the EpicGamesLauncher.exe file in its installation folder (the default path is C:Program Files (x86)Epic GamesLauncherPortalBinariesWin32) and select Properties.
- Click on Compatibility to access the options displayed directly below.
- Select the Run this program as administrator setting to enable full admin permissions for Epic Games Launcher.
- Be sure to press the Apply button to save the settings.
- Then click OKAY to exit the Epic Game Launcher Properties window.
Some games also have secondary third-party launchers. For example, BioShock has a 2K launcher that opens after selecting to launch the game with the Epic Games Launcher. If you need to fix the LS-0013 error for a game with an additional launcher, make sure the other launcher is also running with admin rights as shown above.
2. Disable admin privileges for Fortnite
This potential resolution is more specifically intended to fix the LS-0013 error when it occurs with Fortnite. As surprising as it may seem, disabling (not enabling) Fortnite admin privileges is Epic’s official resolution LS-0013.
Here is how you can disable admin rights for Fortnite:
- Open Explorer to view the Fortnite installation folder (C:Program FilesEpic GamesFortniteFortniteGameBinariesWin64 is the default path).
- Right-click on FortniteLauncher.exe and select it Properties context menu option.
- Uncheck the box to Run this program as administrator on the Compatibility tongue.
- Select Apply so what OKAY at the bottom of the properties window.
- Repeat the previous three steps for the FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe and FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_EAC.exe files.
Users have also confirmed that disabling admin privileges can fix the LS-0013 error for other games. So this resolution may be worth trying for any LS-0013 game error. To apply this fix to other titles, you will need to follow the same steps above for different game install folders and EXE files.
3. Check the game files
The LS-0013 error message suggests that you check the installation of the game in question. To do this, we are going to use the “verify” option of Epic Games Launcher.
Here’s how to verify a game in the Epic Games Launcher:
- Run the Epic Games Launcher game client.
- Click on Library to view your games.
- Then click on the ellipsis button for the game you need to fix the LS-0013 error.
- Select Check in the menu that opens.
- Wait for the game verification process to complete before exiting the Epic Games Launcher.
4. Clear Epic Games Launcher Webcache Folder
Epic Games Launcher has a web cache folder that can cause the LS-0013 error when corrupted. Clearing a corrupt web cache folder will likely resolve the LS-0013 error for you.
You can clear the folder by deleting it like this:
- First, press To win + X and select To run to bring up an Open text box.
- Type %localappdata% in the opening area of Run.
- Select OKAY to open a local folder.
- Click EpicGamesLauncher > Saved Folders in Explorer.
- Right-click on Webcache in the Saved folder and select Wipe off.
- Then restart Windows 11/10 after deleting the Webcache folder.
5. Disable any active firewalls
Firewalls can cause problems starting games by blocking their connections. To make sure there are no firewalls blocking Epic Games Launcher or any of its game titles, try disabling them.
Here’s how to turn off Windows Defender Firewall:
- Display the Run dialog box and type control firewall.cpl in the text box of this application.
- Click on OKAY to display the Windows Defender Firewall applet.
- Select the Enable or disable Windows Defender Firewall option to open WDF enable/disable settings.
- Click on both Switch off settings and select OKAY to leave.
If you have installed a third-party firewall, make sure to disable it with its built-in settings. Third-party antivirus software may also incorporate firewall components. Thus, some users may also need to disable antivirus utility firewalls.
If disabling firewalls resolves the LS-0013 error, it is not recommended to disable them. Instead, make sure Epic Games Launcher and relevant game titles have permission to use them. You can configure application settings for WDF by clicking Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall within this applet. Click on Modify the parameters here to select the Private/Audience checkboxes for Epic Games Launcher.
6. Disable Background Programs by Clean Booting Windows
It could be that a background application is interfering with the Epic software on your PC, causing the LS-0013 error. To resolve such a possibility, you can disable background programs and services from Windows by cleaning startup.
You can configure Windows for clean boot by adjusting the system configuration options like this:
- To find MSConfig, click the search box (in Windows 10) or the magnifying glass icon in your taskbar. Then enter the keyword msconfig and select System Configuration to open it.
- Uncheck Loads startup components in MSConfig General to uncheck the box for this setting.
- Select Services to open the options on this tab.
- Click on Hide all Microsoft services to check the box for this parameter.
- Then press Disable all to disable other non-essential services for third-party programs.
- press the Apply button to save the selected settings.
- Click on OKAY to close System Setup.
- Select the To restart option available in the dialog box below.
- Try running the game for which LS-0013 occurs to see if it starts after a clean boot.
If this possible resolution fixes the LS-0013 error, there was probably a background app or service conflicting with the Epic Games Launcher. To identify which application it was, try to manually re-enable background programs one by one through the task manager. start tongue. You can do the same for services by reselecting their checkboxes in MSConfig. Services tongue.
7. Reinstall the Epic Games Launcher
If you are still trying to fix the LS-0013 error after applying the above resolutions, try reinstalling the Epic Games Launcher as a last resort. This is more likely to resolve deeper issues with the software installation than the other resolutions.
Here’s how to uninstall and reinstall Epic Games Launcher:
- Open Windows Uninstaller with a method in our guide to open program and features.
- Select your Epic Games Launcher software from Programs and Features.
- press the Uninstall button for Epic Games Launcher.
- Click on Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall Epic Games Launcher.
- Restart your PC.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher download webpage.
- Click on Download epic games launcher to get the installer for this software.
- Open the folder where the EpicInstaller-13.3.0 installation file was downloaded.
- Reinstall the Epic Games Launcher software by double-clicking the downloaded file EpicInstaller-13.3.0.
Reinstalling Epic Games Launcher will not reinstall its games. If the LS-0013 error only occurs for a specific game, we recommend that you try reinstalling that title as well. To do this, click the game’s ellipsis button in the Epic Games Launcher to select Uninstall. Then you can reinstall the title with the game client.
Enjoy your epic games again
These possible resolutions are widely confirmed methods to fix the Epic Game Launcher LS-0013 error. Many users solved this problem with these resolutions, which will probably also solve the same error on your PC. Once the LS-0013 error is fixed, you can once again launch, play and enjoy your Epic game titles.