Legends of Runeterra Patch 3.14 Awakening release: full notes and updates
Corruption has crept in Legends of Runeterra with the release of Awakeninga new expansion featuring five champions, an event pass, and a new adventure in Path of Champions.
Scheduled to hit live servers on August 31, players can get a quick glimpse of the Awakening meta and new adventures in Path of Champions across the LoR The early access event will take place on August 30. The new expansion adds five champions to the roster, along with new mechanics and keywords. Riot is also implementing new ranked scaling adjustments, allowing players to scale up without frustrating LP punishments in Iron to Gold tiers.
Several of Awakening champions are added to the Path of Champions mode, along with existing champions. New relics and adventure paths are also added. The release of Awakening will result in a battle pass called the Corrupted Event, as well as Corrupted Skins for a handful of LoR champions.
Here are the notes for LoR Update 3.14.
New LoR champ
A total of five champions have been added to LoR within the Awakening expansion. Two are champions of Runeterra and one is a League exclusive champion of the universe previewed in Legends of Runeterra.
- Ornn: Ornn is a champion of the Freljord region with a mana cost of seven. His champion package synergizes with gear and uses the Forge mechanic.
- Jax: Jax is a champion of Runeterra with the original Grandmaster of Arms. It uses the new Auto-Equip mechanic and synergizes with Equipment.
- Norra: Norra is the first LoR exclusive champ. She synergizes with Boons through her mysterious portal, providing large-scale strategies in the Bandle City area
- Master Yi: Master Yi synergizes with the spell matter archetypes in LoR. The new Flow mechanic works with Master Yi, granting him evolving power.
- Kayn: Darkin arrived at LoR with Kayn. He has his own origin called The Shadow Reaper and Kayn synergizes with Equipment. It also uses the new Auto-Equip mechanic.
Update 3.14 LoR balance changes
Balance fixes usually take place after an expansion. Only one existing card, Void Abomination, was targeted with an actual balance change. The Kai’Sa high-end card had its cost increased from eight to nine, and its base stats increased from 5/4 to 5/5.
The new Flow mechanism created some confusion compared to the existing one LoR cards, resulting in a text change for Deep Meditation and Eye of the Dragon.
- deep meditation: New text reads “Flux—Costs two less. Draw two more spells.
- The eye of the dragon: New text reads “Flow—Summon a Dragonling.
In addition to text changes, the LoR the developers have created a short list of explanations for new terms and mechanics in the Awakening expansion.
- New: The term New game refers to any card that has not yet been played.
- Portals: Cards with a Play effect (Loot, Dawn and Dusk) are not included in the Mysterious Portal random card generation list. The solitary monk is also excluded from the list.
- Equipment: Equipment cannot be silenced.
- Darkin Equipment: Players can throw equipment using spell mana, but choosing to throw the unit will not allow spell mana to be used.
Update 3.14 Path of Champions Changes
Patch 3.14 will shower the LoR Path of Champions mode with new content. Players will notice that Shadow Isles is added as a region, along with eight new and existing champions.
- Master Yi
In addition to new champions and Shadow Isles as a region, the LoR The team added four new relics. Patch 3.14 Path of Champion relics added are Galeforce, Golden Spatula (does not include Pengu), Guardian’s Orb, and Wriggle’s Lantern.
Starting with patch 3.14, Path of Champion players will have Weekly Adventures, a new adventure mode that has three different difficulty levels and will be randomly generated from existing adventures with mutators to keep the game mode fresh .
- Starlight Portal: Unlocks at level six and has a beneficial mutator. The rewards are a bronze reliquary and 1,000 legend level points.
- Shadow Portal: Unlocks at level 10. It has a beneficial and a harmful mutator. The rewards for Shadow Portal are a Silver Chest and 1,000 Legend Level Points.
- Dark Star Portal: Unlocks at level 15. Mutators are a beneficial, a detrimental, plus a “vicious enemy”. The rewards are a silver reliquary and 1,000 legend level points.
Champions from each of the three Weekly Adventure Portals can be earned once per week, while subsequent achievements will only reward Champion XP. Players can find the new PoC adventures in the ocean between Noxus and Ionia. And all adventures still in progress will be deleted during the weekly reset.
corrupt LoR event pass
The Star Guardian event is over, but a new era of corruption begins with the Awakening event pass. Additional free nodes have been added to the Corrupted Event Pass, from August 31 to October 5.
Players who purchase the upgraded path before September 14 will receive an exclusive quest that rewards 10 Corrupted Crystals and a Rare Prismatic Chest. And upgrading to the premium pass immediately unlocks Lil’Rhaast. Players can discover all available rewards in the Awakening event pass on the way to event rewards in the client.
corrupt LoR champion skins and more
The launch of the Awakening the expansion in conjunction with Darkin and the Event Pass will also include five Corrupted Champion Skins for Zoe, Leona, Diana, Taric, and Pantheon. No new higher level animations were included in the Corrupted skin line, except for Corrupted Zoe.
Two new game boards will also be released with the Awakening release: Darkin Reaper and Kayn’s Shadow. Guardians added are Lil’Rhaast, an immediate Event Pass reward when upgrading to bounty, and Corrupted Stella.
There is an official Darkin card in the back Awakening expansion. Other card backs include Kayn & Rhaast, Corrupted Pantheon, and Corrupted Zoe. Several new emotes are also added to LoRwith a total of eight icons.
LoR Awakening bundles
With each new expansion, Riot adds several new bundles to the LoR shop. Synergizing with the range of Corrupted Skins, the Dark Divinity Pack contains a Corrupted Pantheon and a Corrupted Taric. The bundle includes champion cards and skins, with prices varying depending on whether the player already owns the card.
And the new deck package for the Awakening The expansion features Kayn with Kalista in the Dark Destruction deck.
Update 3.14 Bug Fixes
- Players can no longer earn the Evolution of War tutorial without evolving Kai’Sa.
- Fixed an issue where targeting text was removed from some cards.
- The flavor text on Zilean’s Careful Preparation is now correct.
- Other text bugs have also been fixed.
- Fixed a bug preventing Udyr’s position swap from being played when its mana cost was reduced to zero.